Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

A fresh start and some new eyes.


 Feeling atleast 85 percent today (the sick is working itself gone). I did what every self respecting girl would do. I flung open the windows. Got out the cleaning pail and began scrubbing from top to bottom every surface I could reach.. and some I almost could not! I want this gone. SO if it is hiding in dust balls, then time for them to go! And things are beginning to be put back together as they should be. Seven loads of laundry and counting. All quilts, sheets, slipcovers, rugs. everything! (forgive my painting and missing backsplash..I will save that talk for another day)
A mason jar of tea follows me wherever I go. The bathrooms are sparkling. I am almost where I need to be. I think by tomorrow things will have surely turned completely around. The homestead husband is certainly pleased. I cooked him a big dinner. A full belly puts a smile on his face. Poor man has been fending for himself for an entire week. Not in twelve years. A first for everything. 
 A happy goodbye to this crazy week. Wood peeking in the window makes me smile. We curled up and said some prayers for our blessings and began to create our Holiday list. A small list this year of our most treasured folks who we will be creating for...and then of course the card and cookies list! I think I am dreaming of the holidays a bit sooner this year then normal. Ready for some calm and celebrations. Warmth around the fire and oh yes.. those twinkling lights on the tree. Can't wait! How about you?
I will leave you with a photo of my new eyes. You like? They have been long in the waiting and would have been much sooner if I was not so stubborn.. and also if I had known we had such good eyeglass coverage. Blessed we are! Having a bit of a time adjusting though. But.. oh how bright this new world is indeed!

Some Homestead Lovin,
Melissa















No comments:

Post a Comment