Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

In My Daughters Eyes.

In my daughter's eyes, 
I am a hero,
I am strong and wise, 
And I know no fear,
But the truth is plain to see,
She was sent to rescue me,
I see who I want to be,
In my daughter's eyes

Today my baby sister reminded me that the timing of each child is completely and totally in Gods hands and His timing. Checking temperatures and charts do not increase or decrease His ultimate plan for our lives. Walk in time with me to 2003. I was lost. Totally and completely lost. I would turn the water on in the tub and let it run and run as I screamed, hot tears burning my cheeks. My heart broken. 21 years old and never to be the same. The last thing I wanted was a baby. But God had other plans. 9 years ago she was sent here to rescue me. Some day I will share with her how she truly and completely rescued me. How God reached down and in my pain choose me to be her Mom and He rescued me. I will never forget. 
As I type these words she is bounding through the pouring rain, hidden in the treescape of our woods, her tiny, strong hands in her Daddys searching for limbs. She wants a teepee, she tells her Daddy. To curl inside and read  Harry Potter books and to hang twinkly lights and play silks and to dream of fairies and knights and princesses and castles, and fire breathing dragons. My fast growing girl. My smart girl.

In my daughter's eyes,
Everyone is equal,
Darkness turns to light,
And the world is at peace,
This miracle God gave to me,
Gives me strength when I am weak,
I find reason to believe,
In my daughter's eyes

Every single thing your fingers touch turns to magic. Every person your heart grips knows the amazing beauty that you possess inside, towards people, towards animals, towards those you love the most. Each person in your eyes is equal. Your heart is so big! You turn darkness into light. You see a world filled with peace. You, my miracle, give me great strength when I am so very weak. You have walked with me the path of adolescence to womenhood. You have taught me lessons that noone but you could have. You have made my heart love like I never thought I was capable. You gave me hope. Hope for this life.. that can be swift and cruel. You have showed me the beauty in even the pain. You have given me reason to believe. In your deep, dark brown eyes.

And when she wraps her hand around my finger,
How it puts a smile in my heart,
Everything becomes a little clearer,
I realize what life is all about,
It's hanging on when your heart is had enough,
It's giving more when you feel like giving up,
I've seen the light,
It's in my daughter's eyes




In my daughter's eyes,
I can see the future,
A reflection of who I am and what will be,
And though she'll grow and someday leave,
Maybe raise a family,
When i'm gone I hope you see,
How happy she made me,
For i'll be there,
In my daughter's eyes -Martina McBride

Lauryn you give me hope each day for the future. Hope for your future. You are an amazingly wise girl for your young years. You are a loving, giver, best friend and big sister to little Sarah. You brought hope into mine and Daddys life 9 years ago and we are so proud to call you daughter. 
Jesus wrap your arms around her tightly and never let her go. Give her a bright, passionate, hope filled future like she has given me. 
Happy sweet 9th Birthday my precious girl.
Love, Mamma


No comments:

Post a Comment